Example 1: (Email Screenshots)
– First of all, the grammar and font of the offer letter are very poor.
– Secondly, the address on their website (drimaoil.com) and the company says “Calgary” but their phone number is a “Toronto” phone number.
– If you visit their website and check the board of directors, you will notice that they lifted their board of directors word for word from a totally non-related company – (huskyenergy.com)
– If you make further research, you will discover that their website was created just about seven months ago. This is another indicator that it is not genuine.
– Looking more deeply into the website, it appears that the website was actually created and hosted in Nigeria and registered to a Nigerian.
– There are so many other discrepancies I noticed on their website, but the ones I have listed above are enough to tell you it’s a scam.
– If you wait for their call and hear what they have to say, if my guess is right, it will get to a point where they will ask you to pay a certain amount of money to approve or process your application or something like that.
– That will be the final piece of the puzzle to show you that it is a pure scam.
Example 2: (Email Screenshots)
– If you look at their email: firstname.lastname@example.org, It points to the website (sea-careers.com). If you visit the website, you will notice it is poorly designed. It doesn’t look like a proper company website at all.
You can visit it to check => sea-careers.com
– The caption on their website says “UK Recruitment“. This doesn’t match up with the location they said you got the job (Ireland)
– Even the documentation services they are using are not genuine.
– https://readingstaff.com/livecontact/chat.php?operator=Samantha …. the website here is readingstaff.com
– https://documents-processing.com/index.php/product/full-application-package…. the website here is documents-processing.com. I believe this website was created by them for the sole purpose of scamming people.
– You can imagine, 4 different websites so that you will not be able to track their real identity.
– Another thing to point out is that they are putting excessive pressure with the deadline date (8 days) so that you will rush and pay the money.
– Once you have spotted that an email is fake, just delete it or if there is a way to report the email do that.